Lockdown 4.0 has been announced till 31st May. Once again we emphasize to checkout your website. If you are adopting the website redesign, you will need to hire some quality SEO Services India so here we brought you this guide of SEO checklist so that you don’t lose any search ranking during your transition phase.
Firstly, you really need to understand it is utmost important to take care of SEO part before you choose SEO redesigning. Because if you will be too late in the process to protect your SEO, your ranking in search, and your website traffic will be lost. By the time you notice a dip in ranking and traffic, the damage is done, and it will become really hard to fully recover.
Since this is such an important topic and one that is many times ignored, we prepare this handy SEO Checklist that can be used by website owners as well as developers.
Website Redesign SEO Checklist
The best SEO checklist will blend content planning and execution with technical aspects like code and schema. You can’t have solid SEO without combining traditional content marketing with a solid process and a very strong codebase.
Checkout below list combines multiple elements before and after the go-live to make sure website owners have thoroughly reviewed the new website and validated that the existing SEO will survive the transition.
Initial Website Setup
- Set development website to no follow, no index
- Validate search engine friendly URLs are in place
- Use Dyno Mapper or any other tool to crawl the existing website to obtain a complete URL list
- Review Google Search Console or SEMrush to document list of top landing pages
- Map focused or targeted keywords to URLs and create an SEO sitemap
- Review content silos and validate proper parent/children relationships exist
- Write updated content that is a minimum of 1,000 words
- Proofread new content for spelling errors and grammar
- Style new content for readability (i.e. small paragraphs, subheaders, bullets)
- Review content for proper meta title and description usage
- Double check top landing pages to validate quality content and SEO is in place
Technical SEO Review
- Review header usage to ensure a proper outline structure exists for search engines and human visitors
- Check website across mobile devices to validate responsive design and coding is in place and working properly
- Validate template coding to W3 standards
- Check code to text ratio on live pages
- Check and validate schema and structured data
- Check images for proper usage of alt text
- Optimize images for load times
- Update internal links to accommodate the new URL structure
- Create 301 redirects for any URL changes to existing content
- Create a new XML sitemap
- Check the Robots.txt file and validate
- Remove no follow, no index on the live site
- Review Google Analytics goals to validate the URL structure and flow match new website
- Upload the new XML sitemap to Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Check Google Search Console for any errors and address as needed
- Use Dyno Mapper to crawl the new website and report errors.
Hopefully this SEO checklist didn’t frighten you and the most importantly it is filled with standard items that virtually any developer or website owner can execute. Many of these steps are done by a human or with a free SEO tool like Google Search Console.
If you are looking for an expert, reliable and cost effective solution for website redesigning, or SEO Services India, please contact us at Lunatic Devs.